Sunday, August 22, 2010

A SMILE IS A SMILE, NEVERMIND ITS INTENT AND PURPOSE

22 August 2010
Bright and Sunny Sunday (29 Degree Celsius)
Morning @ 1000 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 迷途 by 辛晓琪
Mood: *A little tired*

As usual, life goes on, with or without anyone and anything. We are no different.

Claire is growing, screaming and smiling ever so well. We just had a HFMD scare, hopefully nothing contagious will happen. What we can do now is to watch and observe the symptoms. That’s life.

Now that I am done (very much) with Remedial Training, finally I have all the time in the world to start looking for my home. Sheesh… RT is not too bad actually, if any, it helped keeping me fit and healthy when the going gets damn tough and for my case, lazy. I have not been exercising well and regularly since I ended my RT 2 weeks back. Damn… Must train hard… cannot grow fat and die, life’s too precious for that. Besides, I needed the extra energy and life-enhancing goodies that exercises (or after that) bring. Alas, I’m a little under the weather lately, therein proven that diet, never mind how nice and mouth-watering the grilled, fried and whatever-bad-for-body-but-taste-oh-so-good stuffs might be, We have to eat healthily so that we can live healthier. Period.

Speaking of which, I have hardly enough time for myself, let alone the exercise regime. Not to say I’m lazy (I’m a little) but the moment I reached home, I will be busy washing the cups/bottles/breast pumps & accessories, doing the laundry, packing in the clothes, and miraculously by multitasking all of the above. Even that, I spent like 1 - 1½ hours daily making damn sure everything falls nicely in place. At the end, I am thoroughly exhausted to do much anyway. Mummy had it tougher; feeding, pacifying and trying to get Claire to sleep snugly. Oh well, daddy does the physical aspect while mummy handle the intimate, often psychologically and mentally tiring portion of Claire’s life.

Anyway, the house hunting will play a big part in our life for these couple of months. Oh well, my only wish is to quickly get it over and done with it. Screw the government for making all the mistakes and to cover up with more of it. Yup, I know, we know, everyone knows that price of HDB is not dictated by well... HDB but market forces (Well Done capitalism!) but telling us to plan ahead (book Build-to-Order Flat years in advance) and buying one (in the resale market) that we can afford don’t really gel well with the electorate. How can one plan intimate, life changing issues years ahead? How can one foresee in the foreseeable future what it might bring? I know, it is not exactly the government’s problem that everyone gets a roof over their head, but by making it a part of HDB’s manifesto and by co-relations (HDB is government department…), it is therefore the job of the government to make sure this happen! Not by asking people to bid for their interest and then build one (some 3 years to completion)… But then, I can understand their pain; do get fuck (huge surplus years ago in Jurong West), don’t do also fuck (housing squeeze from 2007 – 2010). Seems like it is a pretty thankless job, BUT, Public officers and CEO of government-linked/Public Goods/agencies should never rub in…

Like the SMRT saga, the CEO commented that squeezing 1800 people in the carriage is no big deal and besides, the trains are not packing in their optimum capacity, why are we cowpehing here? They have made adjustment to the pricing (now based on distance) and they are losing like 88 million a year with such changes, we should be thankful! Yes, I know, we know, every fucker knows and ought to be thankful, but the presentation. The PR guys and girls should be sacked!

Well, for one, most probably you have a chauffeur or on worst case scenario, driven a luxury car. So why would you be bothered at all, the suffering of the masses? We know, all masses know, that life sucks, you don’t have to prove that point in public forum… besides, the income gap between the rich (and richer) and the poor (gini coefficiency) is rising as we speak. That means, the rich have either becoming richer, gathering a massive portion of the national income or the poor have, as a demographic, being fucked. Employment data is not helping one bit and I’m pretty amazed how the government is pretty frank about it. This is the election year and we have a mixed of good and bad news. This is kind of welcoming, who says election year must be all gays and euphoria… so how now?

We eat, sleep and hope that tomorrow be sunnier…

No comments: