Sunday, June 29, 2008

BIRD IS SICK, VERY SICK

29 June 2008
Sunday (30 Degree Celsius)
HOT Morning @ 0810 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 小情歌 by 苏打绿
Mood: *Bleh*

It all started on Wednesday… I had a sudden bout of muscle and body soreness. It was bad but bearable. Thursday was pretty ok, I even had the urge to go for my weekly run. Lucky did not…

Then came Friday. Morning was ok, I can still joke around at home before I left for work. Reach MRT station and wanted to see the doctor to get some cold medication. But damn crowded, so lan lan, went straight to work. At work, increasingly, I began to feel very sick. I was wondering, how can a common cold be this bad? Took my beloved buggy and went back to the clinic. Waited for 1 hour before I met the doctor.

Sometime during the waiting period, I wonder out (nearly LOUDLY), WHAT can be so difficult to treat a fricking leg pain (one middle age woman) and fever (some low life form). They practically spent 10 min with the doctor! No matter and lan lan, I endure. It only serves to progress my pain. Only after the meet the doctor session that I was diagnosed with Flu, not common cold. No wonder my body aches like nobody business and surprisingly not much of a runny nose or cough.

That is only the beginning of my nightmare. Even though I am fucking sick (at this point… I was in real agony), there is no one to cover my race duties. Damn it! Asked my technical officer to stand in but she gave so many conditions (like cannot stand too long, cannot be out in the open too long, must stay inside aircon room). My clerks were telling her, in a nicer way, to fuck herself. So lan lan…

Endure the pain, the body aching, the fever, and more panadol. But my clerks were very nice, kept telling me to go back to room to rest, they can managed the whole shebang thingy, even though last Friday was about as much of a nightmare as one can visually imagined. Every race got like 14 horses running… and WHY? Cos SM Goh (Yup, Lau Goh) was the VIP for the day and apparently, someone up there wants to impress him, so what can be more appropriate than having him seeing every races full of horses… Their pride, my pain…

While resting and agonizing over my pain, my chief commented, I look terrible. Yup, says Bird, but I’ll survived. Ho Ho Ho, he replied, that, is a matter of opinion… Anyway, took a cab home and rest. Didn’t sleep well too, basically the whole package sunk in and I bore the full blunt of it. Throat damn sore, every joints in body aching, the whole head in pain and high fever. Body tired, but can’t sleep…

Its amazing how I survive the night. Slowly but surely I will survive. Drats…

I just love to complain… Anyway, it is one thing to be near the edge of death and another to have to smile even though bird nearly kicks the bucket… seriously…

To end, a JOKE, A JOKE! Save you cowpeh ALL I ever do is cowpehing… there is some truth in that...

Welcome aboard Southwest Flight XXX to YYY. To operate your seatbelt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seatbelt, and if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.

In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs.

If you are traveling with two small children, decide NOW which one you love more.

I love my Baby…

No comments: