Sunday, December 23, 2007

I MAY LOOK SAFE BUT WHEN WE ARE ALONE, I WILL EAT YOU

23 December 2007
Windy Sunday (29 Degree Celsius)
Afternoon @ 1230 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 谢谢你的好 by曾文雅
Mood: *Hey, a new Friend*

My days of writing social many-logies theorem (still got 2 more to go… at least those are written and waiting to be published) is not over anytime soon. But nowadays need to slightly delay its publication, to make space for my frequent cow peh session.

Last night went to Han’s place. Initially I was a little apprehensive, cos LK abandoned me last minute and I hardly know anyone in his invite list. But it sure beats staying at home and writing sob stories for the whole world at large to read and thus anchoring my status as a LOSER. Besides, my house is like a party ready to begin; my kid brother’s friends playing XBOX and his GF entertaining my Mom and Dad. For my better judgment, I was immersed in smoke and a slight drinking session. His friends can and will drink… the highlight for the night?

I made a new friend… haha

I don’t usually do any product placement or advertisement unless they exceeded my expectation. Today is the day that my eyes literally popped… it is my friend’s SPOP entry!

She made it into the top 12 and it’s a feat by itself! Her rendering of past unrequited love (she say it is based on her friend’s love life… Right…), coupled with smoothing melody, uncomplicated arrangement, makes it stand out proudly among the finalists. There is this unassuming allure that differentiate her’s from the rest of the modern songs. Something very “life”, simple nectar rejuvenating life. Here’s the trick, hear it with only the lyrics as your guide (not the video) and picture yourself in the situation (Don’t bluff me about NEVER being there and done that!). You will see the magic of her composition. Me kid you not…

The only problem is/are, the voting is based almost entirely on online participation. Nothing wrong with that, but picture this

Teacher also write song, teacher esp POLY or Uni teachers got like 1000 students
1000 students who have nothing but time and internet at their disposal…

It is every product placement executive wet dream man!

B.E.A.UTIFUL Song! Oh, support support a bit lah, my friend’s entry. And besides, registration only takes like a minute at http://spop.mediacorptv.sg/

If it is too simple, then what’s the point? 简单就没意义了… Hee hee

Name: Wendy Tjen
Song: 谢谢你的好

Here is her award winning song, 词曲都是她写的,够厉害吧!



谢谢你的好 by 曾文雅

我的爱情围成了一个圈
任我怎么绕还是不可能有终点

你说你想要做我唯一的依靠
不是我感觉不到, 对于他我放不掉

谢谢你的好, 你的好我都知道
只是你无法从我心中明白他的重要

我一心只想逃, 一直不断地奔跑
挽拒你的拥抱, 只能谢谢你的好

闭上了双眼, 什么都不想要
一个人两个依靠, 三种心情谁知道

只能谢谢你的好

No comments: