Saturday, August 11, 2007

COME TAKE THEM

10 August 2007
Bearable Friday (29 Degree Celsius)
Afternoon @ 1320 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 错过你错过爱 by 于台烟 & 张信哲
Mood: *Ya, keep Honking you Cheebye*

Singles, as demographics are doom to fail from birth, not withstanding quotations from Bibles (something like we need companionship to complete life thingy), we always seem to be at the losing end of the sticks. As suggested in My Thesis; in childhood, no one talk cock, play and bully hence develop unresolved dilemma WHICH morph into future adult problems such as, yes, bullying, talking cock etc. But Singles have something other “happily” attached/married don’t; we have high tolerance for Shit. Like this NY trip for example; I called, Plead, threaten and even willing to do things below my morals and still no one willing to bulge. Well, I’m joking on the morals part but you do know, right? Anyway, I wasn’t that keen to get anyone up too, cos that would mean accommodating their likings with my schedule. Though the companionship might help in the boredom part, but I wasn’t ready to sacrifice my freedom for these insignificant moments. You could say after years of companion-less and perhaps some maturity, singles tend NOT to see companionship as priority rather than themselves as exemplify by my accommodation (Lack of). Not at all a bad thing, and if you must, a classic case of survivability instinct that’s all; that is Singles will still live, with or without friends, beside, most are getting married *palm on face*… Oh well…

I survived the MOMA trip of course…

Woke up damn early in the morning, at 3am to be exact, took a shower, grab a power drink and drive 4 hours to New York. Then got stuck in the rush hour and only reach MOMA at 9.30am. Fuck, if I am not in my special car plate, I would have shoved them my finger, cheebye yellow cabs (New York official cabbies), whizzing in and out of my lane, then again, I will be terribly busy, so it’s a blessing. Of course, the Police patrol behind me has NOTHING to do with it… I’m serious, despite my status; I am a very law-abiding citizen of my temporary country.

I wanted to have a breakfast first then stroll into MOMA, I mean who on earth would visit MOMA, such HIGH CLASS museum… Boy was I wrong. There were already a good portion of Europeans and guess what, most are queuing already. So have to let the breakfast go and queue (typical kiasu Singaporean). Heard some speaking Italian, Spanish and of course French. One lady even “Merci” me when I held the door for her. Wau lau, which part of me say I am French? The rest can’t make up what the fuck they talking… mostly Scandinavian I think and mostly Gays. Yup, pretty obvious right. Which straight testosterone overdrive males would want (ever) to see Art works? Bird is a Bird, so you can discount him.

It was expensive, at US$20 per entry. Parking was slightly better, at US$24 per entry too (I was expecting US$40 haha). Toll set me back by another 40 and not to mention that HORRIBLE lunch. I thought lunch at this nice little open café at the top of MOMA would be an experience, yup, I was right on the experience part. In all, plus my shopping (ya, bird cannot resist buying interesting things), I spend about US250 in a day trip. Very stoned on my way back but hey, at least I fulfil my wish.

Speaking of the lunch, it cost me fricking US$40! And what did I have? Some COLD cucumber soup, some soba COLD noodles with equally COLD and raw duck, one special MOMA sundae. Wau liew, with that kind of money, I could have eaten at Ruth Chris or Morton (give and take a couple of 10s more, but you get the picture). No choice, the only saving grace is its view. Superb! And Manhattan, unlike DC, feels damn cooling. Because just a day earlier, it kena whack by tornado haha, so the whole island was pretty much drenched. Surprisingly, they got back to normal pretty fast, there are NO traces that the storm ever hit them. You have to admire them, these New Yorkers sure pretty resilience. Beside, they are one of the most beautiful people on earth.

MOMA pretty over hype. I mean it is big and held a couple of nice relics (modern arts and installation, what else as the name suggests). Well, let the pictures do the talk… it is worth more than my whining.

3 comments:

Parrots of the Currybean said...

you've been hearing the same song and feeling the same mood since 8 Aug?

Darth Vader Bird said...

yup.. Its natural.. I am those kind people call "SICK" haha

Parrots of the Currybean said...

i think u just for got to change it ... hahaha ... =)