Saturday, August 11, 2007

YA, KEEP HONKING, I AM RELOADING, YOU CHEEBYE

10 August 2007
Bearable Friday (29 Degree Celsius)
Afternoon @ 1220 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 错过你错过爱 by于台烟 & 张信哲
Mood: *Ya, keep Honking you Cheebye*


Morning, start engine and all ready to roar… Did a quick equipment checks; water, snacks and tibits…


Last check before driving out of garage… Everything ok, IPOD working perfectly and music is piped in nicely


View of Exterior of Apartment driveway... Not bad lah, still got some lights


First Gas Stop… Basket, my Colleague’s Toyota Camry drinks petrol like water also… But it is a much better drive and with a full tank, I can go up to 400 miles.


Damn, it is still so dark… And unlike back home, people here really sleep at night, instead of seeing insomnia cars here and there


After 2 hours, there is light…


Many Many Toll charges, as if the roads are SO well maintenance like that… DUH


Finally saw some sunlight in Delaware Turnpike… haha. This picture doesn’t do the Sun much justice; it is really a big round Red-looking Ball in front of me.


Stop for Pee and smoke break… My countless sticks in so many hours


Ulu Gas Station… those you find in some cheapskate C Grade horror film type.


On my way up the bridge to Holland Tunnel… Can see the Jam coming in both directions.


Morning Sun so bright… It’s a Miracle; I can take steady pictures while driving at 80km/hr


Manhattan Skyline (the tallest spike is Empire State Building)


Some Large scale installation at work… I drive 9 hours in all just to see these scribbles.


Reach MOMA, had lunch at this scenic spot… Yup, the expensive and horrible lunch.


Even water also so nicely display… No wonder cost me a bomb… Actually I was there really to see this Richard Serra’s Mega Installation. Yup, don’t ask me how and why I know this chap and his work, I just know… It is one of those books I had read when I am pretty bored. And the way it goes, I must be really BORED lately...


Some Brochures and book I bought…


The View is fantastic, and you can clearly see Serra’s installation.


Nice Looking & Expensive MOMA Sundae but tastes like cough Syrup.


New York Manhattan Times Square…


Opposite View… See so many people also sian


Yup, more signages


MORE MORE MORE…


Nice shade I chose to rest haha


Finally 5 hours of walking and sightseeing, rest my feet and have another oxygen break.


Drive home, leaving Lincoln tunnel… Pretty stoned at this time and still have to drive another 4 hours back...

No comments: