Thursday, July 26, 2007

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD

25 July 2007
Nice Wednesday (29 Degree Celsius)
Evening @ 1839 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 可惜你不在 by 戴爱玲 (Oh I fricking Love this Song)
Mood: *Shoot, I kill Bird!*

Yup, boring old me, instead of doing something productive, I actually sat through the entire season of Heroes (by NBC). Not bad actually, storyline is refreshing and the taglines are funnily Duh-ish at times; like this; Save the Cheerleader, save the World. But trust me; it is a nice show, made especially for those long lonely nights haha. Anyway, some of the characters are pretty forgettable save for the cheerleader, but of course. She is quite cute (score 1) and pretty (score again) but her power a bit scary (minus). She has this thing call spontaneous regenerative ability, in simple term, she can never be injured. Also, she has to crash and burn herself on purpose to prove the point, man, I give it to her, if I am her testing out the ability at that rate, it will be a miracle I don’t die of heart failure.

But I still prefer the villain (Sylar), who of all things able to gather all these suckers’ power by devouring their brains.

******Silence******

Err, I think I am better off sticking to my salad.

On that note, I had a very authentic Japanese Cuisine last afternoon; price slightly exquisite but worth every penny. Seriously, for a non-fish guy, I actually enjoy the grilled fish, where it literally melts in your mouth. The only complain? Portion too small lah, Bird is a growing bird, how to keep full man?

You see, whenever I am in office, it is always the same-old-boring-looking-at-my-toes-trying-to-make-it-laugh. It is only when we decide to lobo for One, just one fricking day that we have basically proven every aspects of Murphy’s law. Basket, someone called while we were helping a colleague to move house and demand (BIG WORD) that we go back to answer some fricking questions. But he is known for his Kan Jiong Spider type, so we decided to play cool and send an email instead, haha. What else can we do? We die die also NOT going back just to satisfy his curiosity, beside he got so many staffers, why can’t he just arrow one of them to find the facts? He purposely one, always think we fucking lobo. Basket, I lobo, idle fuck also got better sense than going back to office for that 15 minute of (his) fame.

Oh Oh, I am left with one more Hard Rock Café Pilsner (from Baltimore) and I would have all the glasses from my places of visit. Well, getting nostalgic again, drown by memories of bitter, sweet and plain old depression. On one hand, I dread going back to the same old island, meeting the same old fuckers and having to run the rat race all over again. Comparatively, it is that kind of lifestyle that beckons my dreadfulness.

Personally, I would call a place a home when it gives a sense of belonging and living without any apprehension of being judged. Like I mentioned elsewhere in my blog, no one would bate an eyelid for things you might be inclined to do in here. Maybe they are too courteous, maybe it is their preference for individualism, either way, it works for me.

Going home, ah, it has a nice warming tinge to it, doesn’t it? I wish I could say that when I arrived in a couple of months time. Not that my home country is a terrible place, chances are, if you are a tourist (yup a tourist), you would simply fall in love with it, temporarily, give and take 2 months (max). I have been back a couple of times since 2004, I have come to realisation of one constant, the universal, and the only truth; When we leave a place, our memories just stop at that point in time. And we remembered it as it is, nothing else. Every return brought a sense of tourists’ familiarity; somehow, somewhere I have seen this before, it look familiar but just couldn’t tell what’s right about it though.

My memory stops at 2004.

No comments: