Friday, July 13, 2007

NO APPROPRIATE TITLE FOR TODAY’S ENTRY LEH…

12 July 2007
Sunny Thursday (28 Degree Celsius)
Afternoon @ 1640 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: Auld Lang Syne
Mood: *Ok, so that is like what?*

Well, last evening had a small retirement ceremony for my boss; after serving a good 28 years in the Military. His farewell speech was pretty impromptu, just like the retirement ceremony (but its a surprise, so how prepared would you be?). It was supposed to be a surprise until as he decided to go home early, even before the ceremony commenced. Lucky he needed a lift from me, if not, die man, how to explain to everyone that “hey, the man of the hour has gone home, the joke is on us…” We even managed to convince the head of office building to give a small speech though it sounded pretty “Humour everyone” kind of speech but that ok. That’s life, haha.

My boss got into his speech talking mode for his farewell remarks, making funny comments; both sensible and wise. He is a good orator, I must say, not many people can do that with a certain flair and dignity. That is why also he is the supreme commander and I am only a flag aide… haha.

On a side note, his family & he bought me a farewell dinner on Monday. Had French, the usual fare. Nothing too fanciful but pretty expensive if you ask me. Still it is always a pleasure having a good dinner with someone dear.

I will miss him; he is the best boss I had and really do enjoy working with him. Despite him being a little forgetful and at times kind of lost like that, but that’s why he has us, to supply him with all the information he needed for whatever purpose; the ablest leader do not need to know the details, always the Big Picture. Well, it is kind of sad that he is leaving.

His farewell speech includes (with a pat on back); Good Bye Bird, my most Trusted Lieutenant

Wau liew, in front of every one, with some pretty girls looking (and listening some more)… Why can’t he say ablest, smartest or simply most handsome… anyway, no fish, prawn also can. haha

He is a generous boss and a great friend. Since he is from the Navy, I shall add a little Navy-ness to my farewell post

It is an honour to serve under your command
Smooth Sails and Fair Winds, Always

Bird

Auld Lang Syne By Robert Burns (1759 – 1796)

Should Auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?
Should Auld acquaintance be forgot
And Auld Lang Syne?

For Auld Lang Syne, my dear,
For Auld Lang Syne,
We’ll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
For Auld Lang Syne


No comments: