Sunday, June 3, 2007

ONE MAN’S URINE IS ANOTHER MAN’S DRINKING WATER

2 June 2007
Sunny Saturday (35 Degree Celsius)
Night @ 2120 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 我们都是贪爱的人by 苏永康
Mood: *Happier… for now*

Today was a long and hot day. How so? In the morning, I was at a garage sale (first time) and for the first time also, actually participated in it. Sold off most of my unwanted stuffs and you will be surprised how things get so easily offloaded when the selling price falls below sea level. So the theory goes; One man’s urine is another man’s drinking water. Of course as we now know, that was in reference to my sales, not the Singapore NEWater, so stop the cynical smirk.

Yesterday went to Colleague’s house to help him offload some unwanted furniture, had dinner and talk cock a bit. Yup, it was also mentioned in the last entry that I was feeling terrible (akin to my world crushing down) but I got over it with more liquor and smoke (actually, I did only one stick…). It is not the healthiest (Vodka & Cigarettes, come on man…) nor the best brainy (had a little hangover in the morning) but it is something I do to make sense of my sanity.

Later in the day, when the weather is boiling hot, I drove all the way down to collect the GPS from my new boss (came here to recce the place he says) before he flew back home. At the same time, like killing 2 birds with a stone (something I always advocate for maximum efficiency), I also took the opportunity to see Man Hater off. Yup, she ended her work here today. That somehow summed up the day’s events. But alas, like my guiding principles, such things are such contrivances, just like everything else around us, for the sake of appearance.

Well, I still miss you…

我们都是贪爱的人 by 苏永康

我站在镜子前, 看着昨夜渐渐的走远
早晨的空气太冷

剃刀划过脸的边缘, 割断了昨夜滋长的纠结
刀锋的感觉太冷

感觉不到你的体温, 杯边却残留着你的印痕
想起了你温热的唇, 耳边有一种隐隐的疼

我们都是贪爱的人, 所以才会爱得那么沉
占有彼此每一寸, 不分晨昏

我们都是贪爱的人, 所以才会痛得那么深
哪怕燃尽一生的缘份, 没有回程

No comments: