Friday, June 22, 2007

BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST A WALL USES 150 CALORIES AN HOUR, DON'T TRY IT AT HOME, MAYBE AT WORK

21 June 2007
Hot Thursday (33 Degree Celsius)
Night @ 2120 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 让懂你的人爱你 by 苏永康
Mood: *Well, that was Fun*

Some stuff that happened along the way since Tuesday, that is like 2 days ago only. You will be surprise how much crap can happen.

Firstly, as all you loyal readers would know, today is …. Summer Solstice. Yup, the longest day in the whole year (the shortest being Winter Solstice). So as of now, the sun rises at 5am and sets at 9… Other than the whole sunshine-into-room-early-in-the-morning thingy, I do like the beautiful morning sun, unless of course I am with a hangover or late night or worst fucking cows… In any case, this is my 4th Summer Solstice and well
, it will be the last of it.

No more 500 over cable TV programs, No more Toys; many things I have grown accustomed and liken to. It is kind of sad to leave here, loneliness aside, it is a quite a nice place actually. You can have authentic oriental cuisines (usually Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese) and top notch Oriental & American supermarkets which are more often a lot more bona fide than back home. Streets are clean, people are friendly, the weather is beautiful and yes, living the American dream; rich, poor or lost. But that is something I need to come to terms with (leaving here, not freedom). Such is life.

Also recently, I bought 8lb worth Gummy candies straight from Germany which supposedly to be the most authentic and best. That is about 4kg worth of corn syrup & gelatine. Some questions after seeing the parcel arrived; how to finish and how to go on a diet like this? Like Kwek say, all the jogging go down the drain with my drinking and smoking.

Talking about my title, I remember once, a long time back, my buddy Han and I were attending this lecture. We were sitting next to the walls and were pretty much bored, I mean, it’s a Lecture, how excited can you get? And we actually tested out this theory, albeit a little variation. It is only at that age that we can get away with almost anything, including murder. Haha.

On a side note, my boss was telling me how the past few days of leave was his best days so far; spending time with his family, tending his garden, moving his stuffs, basically just simple days. I don’t have the heart to tell him; hey that’s funny, so was mine… haha

Gosh, where did you go?

让懂你的人爱你 by 苏永康

你忘不了开始的甜蜜, 却怕想起未来的情景
他是会认错的听你哭泣, 直到下次又不小心忘记

你解释着孤寂和无力, 他却相信那只是情绪
当埋怨都变得没有意义, 你想留住的是什么东西

离开爱过的人和回忆, 怎能不挣扎不痛心
但是一个最难的决定, 往往是最好的决定

让懂你的人爱你, 重选一份值得坚持的感情
爱只要有一点点冲动就可以, 了解却少些默契都不行

让懂你的人爱你, 别舍不得过去只为了可惜
相爱不只是走进对方的生活, 更要能走入彼此的生命

1 comment:

DoctorShoot said...

sometimes simple days are the best ones.
hope you get time to read some of my stories and poems
cheers
Doc