Sunday, June 15, 2008

WHEN DOES A 80k BILL & ME HAVE IN COMMON? WHEN IT IS AN EITHER-OR SITUATION

15 June 2008
Sunday (34 Degree Celsius)
HOT Evening @ 1730 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 达尔文 by 蔡健雅
Mood: *Look, Listen Bitch*

No inspiration, no time (too busy rotting) and no drive (expended all my sex in one sitting…)

Bear with me

The Adventure of Tragic Bob Part I

Bob went to a pub and met a girl

“Hello” he said “This place is a pretty good pub”

… “Why did the monkey drop off the tree?” he said
“He was dead...”

Desperate and lonely, Bob set fire to his hair

The girl looked at Bob. “That’s a nice trick” she said

“That’s not a trick, I’m really burning”
“Fine, what you lack in charm and good looks, you made it up for effort. I’ll date you next Tuesday”

“I can’t wait that long” Bob said
“Why not?” she said
“Because I’m on fire” Bob said
“Fine” She said “But you can at least let me finish my beer, it’s a good cold beer”

“Of course” Bob said

So the girl took a sip of beer, listened to the juke box and hummed along
… And took a cellphone, call and put on some makeup
…And had another sip of beer and told the bartender that her cousin was in a band
…And cross her leg and uncross her leg and took a cigarette from her purse

“I don’t supposed you have a light?” she said, turning to Bob

Now fully ablaze, Bob sat quietly, thinking of the little league baseball and summers by the lake

The girl look down at her beer, looked over at Bob and looked down at her beer and lit her cigarette

On Bob’s nose

Vaguely aware that his unlimited patience with women had somehow cost him dear, Bob died and was brushed down from his seat by the back of a hand of a man who was big, dumb and trite and handsome.

“Come here often?” asked the girl

Sometime I marvel, often aloud but in non-coherent kind of way, that why of all greatness, majestically or otherwise, would Bird be a bird?

And people wonder why they love me… nevertheless, I love you too. Now have to shut the fuck up and get back to rotting. Does wonders to your heart I tell you…

Fucking wonderful.

No comments: