Sunday, March 9, 2008

OH DAMN… THE BAG BROKE…

9 March 2008
Sunday (27 Degree Celsius)
Evening @ 1730 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 我怀念的 by孙燕姿
Mood: *Cow & Horsie…Gone with the Wind*

Suay man, I just received my reservist letter for a technical mobilization end of the month. And just about 1 week ago, I have been informed of my new reservist unit. I was hoping that SAF Manpower chaps might have inevitably left me out (for whatever reasons) cos every year of being out in the open is a bonus year for me. By Law, I am only obliged to serve in reserve unit till 40 years of age. It is not some rocket science trying to figure out between serving in reserved Unit from the age of 23 (after compulsory conscription) to 40 with only 10 cycles of training (taken once a year and you could technically be out of it by 33… Technically). So now, Bird starting it off quite late, I have to fulfill my national service obligation till like 40… and that is like every year call up. Oh well, the irony of life.

Have been scrambling to get hold of my army gears and uniform ready. After a frantic search for my uniform, it was only during shower time a while ago that I suddenly remembered where I might have left it… Damn! Luckily, I can still manage to squeeze into the uniform (which is like 10 years ago sizes). Yes, Bird do progress (waistline) during these years; I blame it on the government (haha).

Ah, why the government? As you can see from the forum, blog and letters to the press, anything and everything is always the product of the government policy; explicitly or otherwise… The Government’s silence, half-hearted response (and apologies) and whitewashing of issues are not helping much. Should have seen the Oscar wining apology for the latest prison break saga from the Home Minister (who happened to be the party whip, who also happens to be the deputy PM)… Not to mention he is the boss of our much famed ISD boys. Cow, with that kind of credential, even the mountain shift its fat ass plate tectonics, no one would even dare suggest or have the faintest idea to tell him to step aside.

Somehow also, I pitied some of the poor taxi drivers, or for that matter, a lot of coffee shop talkers. Most are just wasting their time away and yet adamantly refuse to admit it (as in the case of my late night cab uncle) and still insist it is good for the brain; thinking about nonsensical stuffs and feeling good about it. I was so inclined to tell him to fug himself but alas… why bother… My stand is always clear, if you not cheebyeish smart and useful in my life, I don’t even give a hoot to you and your ideology. You can go ahead and kid yourself away for all life’s care. Yup, in short, go and fug yourself.

Of course, that does not apply to my fellow drink, karaoke etc buddies. Like I also said, if I chose to ignore you, then that “fug-yourself” chap might just be you. Hey, not your fault though, if any, like I ALWAYS ASSERTED, blames it on your inherent property.

On another note, I read with interest on Sumiko Tan’s latest entry on eating alone. Yup, I wrote similar entry some time back and our sentiment are exact. We HATE TO BE SEEN like a Fucking sad LOSER!! I would rather cook instant noodles at home than eating alone in the food center! Argh, you can argue about the mindset thingy till the cow come home when effectively, no one gona hear you out. So I say, let’s just eat, drink, smoke, be merry and fucking die… DIE YOU CHEEBYE!! WHY CAN’T YOU JUST FUCKING GO FUCK YOURSELF!!! Arggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Oh pardon me, some outburst is really good for health… like Jokes for instance…

An atheist was spending a quiet day fishing when suddenly his boat was attacked by the Loch Ness monster. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him and his boat high into the air. Then it opened its mouth to swallow both. As the man sailed head over heels, he cried out, "Oh, my God! Help me!"

At once, the ferocious attack scene froze in place, and as the atheist hung in mid-air, a booming voice came down from the clouds, "I thought you didn't believe in Me!"

"Oh come on God, give me a break!!," the man pleaded. "One minutes ago I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster either!"