Sunday, March 30, 2008

IF ONLY YOU KNEW

30 March 2008
Sunday (28 Degree Celsius)
Overcast Afternoon @ 1500 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 亲爱的, 那不是爱情 by 张韶涵
Mood: *Cow & Horsie weekend*

Today was pretty sunny in the morning till early afternoon, before turning overcast. Typical of the daily weather pattern I supposed. Every mid day sure turn cloudy and might even rain in the later evening. I miss Singapore then, I miss US now… How I am missing the Cheery Blossom now…

Last night brought family to the Night Safari. It was not bad actually; I think everyone enjoyed it, which is a good thing. Particularly my mom, she seems so fascinated with the close proximity of the supposedly free ranging animals. Amazingly how these animals can come so close to us, grazing the grass, without giving a hoot to our passing tram. Imagine one of the carnivorous dude decides to jump over the vegetation and into the tram. I know, it has not happened (yet), but why should I be the first?

Mom is such a merry maker. She just nag about me leaving the kitchen window open big big. Why? Cos it allows the stupid bird to come into kitchen see see look look whether got food or not. And if this persists, they might even return with their friends. Yup, there is one particular mynah that loves to test water, keep flying into the kitchen at specific time to see see around. Lucky I left my .44 magnum Colt Anaconda in the safe, if not, would have blown him to smithereens. Figuratively speaking of course.

Oh yes, stayed at home whole of Saturday just to wait for my mobilization and guess what? It never materialized. Which is a good thing; no call sign = no recall. It was getting better when I discovered my apparently lack of preparation; like NO BOOTS GARTERS for example. For that 15 min when I found this lapse till my make shift temporary solution, I was in total “shitted” mode. What if kena recall and without garter? I rather suck thumb at home than going out. Lucky I found some rubber bands and if really suay suay got activated for mobilization, that bunch of rubber would have to do.

It was a long week man… did another race duty on Friday and it cheebyely rain like nobody business so in the end, the race started 15 min later. That starts off a whole chain of events that accumulated ending my duty at 12.15am. Nabei, while walking towards the taxi stand and smoking my last stick for the day, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. It was tough; mentally… Oh well, that’s life…

On that note, I came to 2 conclusions within a span of 1 hour this morning. Firstly if I knew my cigarette smoked last Friday night was to be my last, I would have really dragged it like it is my last. But alas, it was not meant to be I guess. In any case, I have decided to give up smoking. The very reason for its existence is no longer valid and hence, I decided to let it go. For posterity sake… whatever that entails. Seriously… It is time I gave up smoking… For myself

Further up the chain, I too, realized that everything that happened, it should at least come with some explanation package. But to what purpose? Sometime, things are better left unsaid. Life is so much easier that way.

是你 , 一眼我就认出来
你是命运最美丽的安排
今天你还好吗?

为什么不说话?

我一直在等着你回答 , 一直在等

No comments: