Wednesday, July 4, 2007

JUST LIKE YOGI BARRY USED TO SAY…

3 July 2007
Cloudy Tuesday (24 Degree Celsius)
Afternoon @ 1640 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 我要快乐by 张惠妹
Mood: *Cow Like What?*

Coincidentally, it seems we are having good old spring weather these days. It is around 18 in the morning to 26 on peak. Speaking of which, recently I have been cowpeh-ing my lack of golfing due to a wrist injury. It is time like this that I treasure health vs. other material things. Not that I am immobile by the wrist but it has been a source of my irritation since a month back. I thought I have recovered but during a practise swing last week, it somehow rekindles the inflammation and now, every morning I have to bear the discomfort of a strain wrist. That also, for some reason, injuries got worst during the night and peak at dawn, just after you wakes up, nasty little bugger.

Though not everything worsen during the night, for one, I think I look incredibly sexy in the morning; with my cigarette/hog breath, dynamite blown hair, haphazardly planted weed-like beard… Now, if that is not call sexy, I can’t tell what is. On that note, the only other human I think look incredibly good to the point of treason on morning is YL. On early hour of the morning, she still has the cutest appearance. That’s why; a beauty is a beauty is a… you get the message.

Just saw this documentary on Yogi Berra. Apparently he is a baseball player, still alive at 82 and his shot to fame? Beside baseball (he is quite a good player), he also founded Yogiism, a form of amusing speech error associated with Yogi Berra (who else).

Well, did a quick search and found these classic DUH quotes.

"This is like deja vu all over again."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
"I want to thank you for making this day necessary." Yogi Berra on his Appreciation Day in St. Louis in 1947.
"Think! How the hell are you gonna think and hit at the same time?"
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today."
"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
"Do you mean now?" - When asked for the time.
"90% of the putts that are short don't go in."
"I made a wrong mistake."
"Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." -- After being told he looked cool.
"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."
"Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."
"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat, and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"
"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
"I didn't really say everything I said."

Well, like Yogi used to say; all the Fucking Obvious instead of the real thing.

I like that guy already but then Peanutz got my attention, all the time

No comments: