Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ONE OF THOSE LAN LAN DAYS

26 June 2007
Sunny Tuesday (32 Degree Celsius)
Evening @ 1940 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 盲人 by 苏永康
Mood: *One of those Days*

Today is one of those days that my stars don’t quite aligned. First thing in the morning, got some nasty emails that specifically condemn us; that we are at fault. So that got me into thinking mode, ya I know its early morning, minus the parallax error, my brain where got start working so fast without my oxygen break? But then, you will be amazed how in-between stages of conscious and unconsciousness, I can literally send out a very sarcastic email thinly veiled as a very diplomatic note. I don’t mean to be nasty (well, not early morning at least), all along is their own doing, claiming credits for things they didn’t bother to help and now when things go south, conveniently blame us. So not friendly. Never mind, that’s life.

While driving later, saw so many cars weaving in and out of the traffic when all were not driving fast or packed. Just doing it for fun I guess. An idle mind is a dangerous mind, that’s so life.

Then came the big one, while driving along this small quiet neighbourhood, one car suddenly back out of her lot and came crashing onto my passenger side. I was NOT even driving fast; how to drive fast on this small neighbourhood-type road; cars aside, there will be school going kids and pets around… After the crash, I was a little lost, for a moment; I thought I might have been too engrossed in my daydreaming and unknowingly crashed onto a park vehicle. Ok lah, she claimed responsibility and kept apologize profusely. I just check on my car, ask her how she is doing and then smile painfully. I mean, you can do it the nasty and bastardly way or just be empathetic about it. No one wanted this to happen also. That’s life I guess…

Anyway, if given a choice (like got tons of Money), I will go for a BMW. Fuck, my side doors needed full replacements (according to the assessor) while her’s not even got a scratch. Good Metal, Good Body (the BMW, not her), and my damage? After an Initial Estimate, it cost US$2.5K to change the doors. 2.5K… Cow, luckily it is claim against her insurance, if not, I am going to be really pissed. Then again, perhaps that is why we have insurance in the first place. So for the next 2 ½ weeks I will be car-less. Thought of renting a convertible meanwhile. Yup, since my insurance coverage got this added protection like subsidizing car rental… might as well make full use of it.

In any case, it has been a long and tough day. I think I will retire for the night now, though at 8pm the sky still fucking bright… but hey, A bird got to do what a bird got to do… whatever that is.

Good Night my beloved, May I miss you? Yup, I do miss you

盲人 by 苏永康

爱是心灵的摸索, 是你点醒那眼眸
拥抱你的快乐, 等候你的哀愁
你主宰爱情的颜色

听太多你的传说, 是我关上我耳朵
不想回头, 追寻你的路走
看清楚事实又如何

我的爱盲目我的眼, 无力去恨我情愿看不见
了解需要时间相信你没变, 你只是离的远

我用爱盲目我的眼, 我的世界在我心田
除非你亲口说再见, 情人都有一张
永远不凋谢的容颜

Updated ½ hour later: In between Sulking and cheebyeing my day, I ate 8 pieces of Popeye Chicken and down 2 can of coke. I going die of over-nutrition…

No comments: