Monday, June 11, 2007

3 YEARS AGO, MAN EVERY DOG SURE HAS ITS DAYS

10 June 2007
Overcast Sunday (25 Degree Celsius)
Evening @ 2120 (Washington DC Time)
Listen: 哭砂 by张惠妹
Mood: *Not as Sick as a Dog now*

Yup, 3 years ago I left Singapore with only a suitcase worth of stuffs. Never been travelling more than 4 hours away (on vehicle somemore) from Singapore and never has the money to anyway, haha. No choice, Poor church Bird, pathetic pay, lousy dead end job, stressful studies, the works. Anyway 3 years back I got nothing much to bring to US. So with one suitcase, off I went to a faraway place, only hear about it in press, papers and internet. Given another chance? Why Ya, I will still do it.

Oh yes, that was 3 years ago.

How time flies, I can still vividly remember the stocking up of items for my shipment to US. Bao Bao did the shopping with me, how time flies, yup, so many things have happened; while not intentionally my ideal situation, but it is something I come to accept.

What lies in Singapore? I seriously have no idea and sometime I think I am very much fucked but then hey that’s life.

So to solve my loneliness and the terrible winter cold, like migrating birds, I flew home every year since at every given opportunity. Yup, been home in July 05, Jan 06 & Feb 07. That’s a lot of trips, plus my Europe holidays, now you know why I left only 5 days of my present year leaves. Haha, die man, how to take extended holidays now? Well, if there’s a will, there’s a way.

I was hoping that you can come to US and have a break. You know, away from all the hustle and bustle of life. Oh I’ll be still here in case you decide to come. At least for the time being…

Love this song by the way, one of the first few songs I tried on my guitar when I first started learning it. Oh it is good, the song I mean, we shall leave my singing to another day. This version is by 张惠妹, some variation but same good old feeling.

哭砂 by 张惠妹

你是我最苦涩的等待, 让我欢喜又害怕未来
你最爱说你是一颗尘埃, 偶而会恶作剧的飘进我眼里
宁愿我哭泣不让我爱你, 你就真的像尘埃消失在风里

难得来看我却又离开我, 让那手中泻落的砂像泪水流

你是我最痛苦的抉择, 为何你从不放弃飘泊
海对你是那么难分难舍, 你总是带回满口袋的砂给我
难得来看我却又离开我, 让那手中泻落的砂像泪水流

风吹来的砂落在悲伤的眼里
谁都看出我在等你

风吹来的砂堆积在心理
是谁也擦不去的痕迹

风吹来的砂穿过所有的记忆
谁都知道我在想你

风吹来的砂冥冥在哭泣
难道早就预言了分离

1 comment:

joelle said...

alamak! dun wait for me liao la...i got no time to go US with the baby. faster come back to sunny singapore! we all love u here! =p