Monday, September 8, 2008

WHEN PEOPLE SAY “ YOU JUST WANT TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO”. YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM, WHAT GOOD IS A CAKE IF I CAN’T EAT IT!

8 September 2008
Monday (29 Degree Celsius)
Fine Morning @ 0910 (Singapore Time)
Listen: Blower’s Daughter by Tanya Chua
Mood: *I am bery bery happy*

Finally, all the anticipation, the excitement and nagging (on my mom’s part mostly), my dearest little brother is married. And yes, I pleasantly got a sister (in law only). How cool is that? (anyway I fucking hate that how cool thingy… but sometime I need to feel himbo-ish a bit). The wedding was fun, albeit a little tiring. But seeing how happy everyone was, it is worth every bit of it.

It was a crazy week. Got arrowed flying around, my chief undergoing bypass, my department got into a little PMS-ing mode, I WAS a little PMS-ing mode myself and this made my poor honey in a little desperation mode. Tell me everything I PMS, console me I PMS, do anything I also PMS… I’m sorry honey, I will try to be less pissy…

Some funny things along the week:

I was peeing in the urinal when I happened to press the flush button a little too hard… then it happened. The whole urinal was flooded and the best part is, I didn’t even notice until it sounded like water overflowing while I’m washing my hands. Tried a few remedy, didn’t work and that’s where it gets interesting. My demon (which looks a tad too similar to me) appears.

Demon: Gee Bird, this is fun… and now… RUN!!

Before I could explain my situation to him (It’s a him, as obvious), my Angel (who coincidentally also look like me) appear next

Angel: No, Bird. You created this mess (Bird: as if I really care) and now it is your responsibility to solve it (Bird: Booo hooo).

Anyway, risk getting lightning strike, I decided to call in to my maintenance people for help. And it was during lunch time. Needless to say, they came after lunch. But hey, I did my best… and you know what is the more cheebye thing? Everything spoilt people just conveniently approach me. How do I look like to them? Nabei… Can they be less stupid and get someone else’s’?

Sometimes, things in life are meant TO BE questioned; like why your girlfriend came back from the grocery store with the brand of paper towel that costs $3 more a roll than the kind you buy. Others aren’t. Like things in the army…

MINDEF has succeeded in building a computer, able to solve any strategic or tactical problem. Military, Ministers and MPs are assembled in front of the new machine and instructed to feed a difficult tactical problem into it. They describe a hypothetical situation to the computer and then ask the pivotal question: Attack or Retreat?

The computer hums away for an hour and then comes up with the answer:

YES.

The generals look at each other, somewhat stupefied. Finally one of them submits a second request to the computer:

YES WHAT?

Instantly the computer responded:

YES SIR

No comments: