Thursday, December 20, 2007

I DIDN’T CLAW MY WAY TO THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN TO EAT VEGETABLES

20 December 2007
Cloudy Thursday (24 Degree Celsius)
Morning @ 0830 (Singapore Time)
Listen: 为你我受冷风吹by梁静茹
Mood: *See the Birds Fly*

Finally had my cup of sweeten milk tea. I tell you, without which, I can literally DIE. DIE I tell you! Nothing much happening lately… after what seems like an eternity of waiting and guess what, I am still waiting. That is life, such wretched existence. It could not be more obvious. But then, me sort of like cheese pie type, so that pretty much summed up my tragedy.

Sunday, I endure a whole day of nothingness (including FOOD) till late night, just so I can spend like 50 bucks on Sakae Sushi at Changi Airport. Man, Evidently, I was near bursting point after that. Pick my Mom & Brother from airport and guess what, Brother lost his luggage. And Hell, he thought it is covered by the travel insurance, but tour Aunty say only got the land portion covered. Oh Nice…

Some 4 days later, still no news from SIA on its whereabouts. Oh well, lesson learnt, never trust an Aunty to do the necessary work. Everything also they think no need; save cost etc etc. See lah… Anyway, Mom fallen sick on Tuesday, could be due to all the flying and touring. 10 days in Taiwan leh! Goodness. So much to tour meh? And what could be sadder than mom being sick? Bird being stuck at home for the past 2 days and without a smoke! I now know what cold turkey feels like. 2 FRICKING DAYS and COUNTING!! I can’t possibly leave my mom at home and go partying and smoking right?

Wednesday went out with LK & Han for damn early drink session. Supposed to head to Zouk after 12am (for some reasons better left unsaid). We went home for a rest at 9pm. By 11, I am pretty much too tired and lazy to drive all the way to Zouk. I drank a little over the legal limit and hence not really that suitable to drive. Besides, NT also not there, go also useless. Hahah.

Anyway, saw Elvan enroute to collect car haha. That was a pleasant surprise. Oh Yes, Nyo passed his criminal law despite (in his own words) only studied for a few hours. Ok lah, you smart lah haha.

And speaking of air travel, I notice when the middle class flies, it does so in what is euphemistically called economy class or depending on who your government is/are; cattle class. That aside, minus the budget air thingy, We have had the experience, that disheartening cheebye moment when we board the plane. To pass through the first and business class sections of the airplane, where we cheebyely witness how the better off are, literally, cushioned from the travails of steerage, in exchange, of course, for paying two or four times as much for their tickets. But that is beside the point.

For argumentative purpose, in Nations and Nationalism, Ernest Gellner (1983) once said that “nationalism is a theory of political legitimacy which requires that ethnic boundaries should not cut across political ones.”

However, personally, a definition of a nation should be in terms of ethnicity; and second, the principle that national and political boundaries ought to coincide. The two premises are of course independent but they should have common fundamentals. Therein lies my point, is it easier and more economical to govern a homogenous state (Japan, Korean, Sweden perhaps) than say Malaysia? Of course, Gellner’s book was published in 1983, religious over zealots have not blown up any buildings yet. For my part, a homogenous state is the only way for our future. But that’s just me…

My point is, in my regime, I shall personally drown all rich fuckers and feed them to the lions. Of course, being a kind hearted bird, those with pretty daughters will be spared the agony; just shoot them in the head will do. Little wonder why I should not run for political office?

Imaginary Dialogue: Over at Speed Dating Anonymous

Bird: Hi, I’m Bird, You are…
Isabelle: Shhhh, did you hear that?
Bird: Hear what?
Isabelle: That’s the sound of you not having a chance in hell with me
Bird: Oh, I think that was my fart, sorry, kind of embarrassing.

No comments: